Terms & Conditions
Coles Wonder Back 2 School 2021 Promotion
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entries into the promotion open on 6 January 2021 and close at 11:59PM AEDST on 9 February 2021 (“Promotional Period”).
- To be eligible to enter, individuals must purchase any Wonder product (each a “Qualifying Product”) from any Coles store nationally (including the Coles online store, excluding Coles Express) during the Promotional Period (“Qualifying Purchase”).
- To enter, individuals must then complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Visit www.wonderback2school.com.au;
- Follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details including the first name, last name, email address, State/Territory, postcode and mobile number;
- Upload their Qualifying Purchase receipt; and then
- Submit the fully completed entry form.
Upon submitting the entry form, individuals will be notified immediately on screen whether or not they have won an instant prize. Winners will be given instructions on how to claim their prize. Non-winners will be notified immediately on screen that they are not successful. All entrants (both winners and non-winners) will be entered into the major prize draw.
- Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Product purchased in a Qualifying Purchase. For example, if there are three (3) Qualifying Products in a Qualifying Purchase then the entrant will receive three (3) entries subject to 7(b); and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- Entrants must retain either their original or a copy of their Qualifying Purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the promotional period but prior to entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Instant prizes: there are 200 x $250 Coles e-Gift Cards to be won. The total value of the instant prize pool is $50,000.
- All claims for instant prizes must be received by 11:59PM AEDST on 2 June 2021.
- The major prize draw will take place at Greeneagle Distribution & Fulfilment, 5/9 Fitzpatrick Street, Revesby NSW 2212 on 15 February 2021 at 4:00PM AEDT, in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the draw.
- The first three (3) valid entries drawn will each win Coles e-Gift Cards to the value of $10,000. The total value of the major prize pool is $30,000.
- The major prize winners and any ACT instant winners will be published on www.wonderback2school.com.au from 22 February 2021.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take/redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for any unclaimed major prizes or any instant prizes that have been won but remain unclaimed may take place at the same time and place of the original major prize draw on 17 May 2021, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified by email and telephone within two (2) business days of the draw and winners (if any) will have their names published on www.wonderback2school.com.au from 24 May 2021.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter is Goodman Fielder Consumer Foods Pty Ltd (ABN 35 000 024 546) of 118 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113, telephone +61 2 8899 7000.
NSW Authority No. TP/00058 ACT Permit No. TP20/01506 SA Permit No. T20/1345
The following apply to these Terms and Conditions
Access PIN means the 4-digit Access PIN printed on the back of the Gift Card.
Card Number means the identification number that appears on the Gift Card.
Coles Group means Coles Group Limited ABN 11 004 089 936 of 800 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East, Victoria 3123, Australia.
eGift Cards means any electronic gift card issued by Coles Group that you have purchased or received through the Website for one or more of the Participating Retailers.
Expiry Date means the date specified on the Website for each Gift Card expiry which may vary for each Participating Retailer and each type of Gift Card after which the Remaining Card Value on any eGift Card will not be available for redemption.
Gift Card means any plastic gift card or eGift Card issued by Coles Group that you have purchased or received for one or more of the Participating Retailers.
Participating Retailers means the retailers specified on the Website at which each of the Gift Cards can be used to purchase goods or services.
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, your email address and payment details.
Website means www.giftcards.com.au or at such other address should the URL change.
A reference to we, us or our is a reference to Coles Group Limited.
By using or attempting to use a Gift Card, or by making a transaction enquiry or exercising any right to redeem value loaded on a Gift Card, you:
Where and what for can Gift Cards be used
Please note: From 1st July 2019 Coles Group & Myer Gift Cards can no longer be redeemed at Kmart Tyre & Auto Service.
The Website sets out the up to date information for each Participating Retailer as to where each Gift Card can be used.
No Gift Card can be used for:
- purchases initiated by phone, email, post or fax;
- Service ATMs;
- bill payments, including credit card accounts and store accounts;
- purchases at hotels owned by Coles Group companies; and
- purchases of gift cards.
There may be a delay with the Gift Card activating in the system once loaded. During this delay, the Gift Card cannot be used for purchases or transaction enquiries.
You acknowledge that we may allow access to the services offered on the Website to anyone who enters a valid Card Number and Access PIN. Your Access PIN is simply our way of identifying you. It does not offer you any protection or security if your Gift Card is lost or stolen. Remember to treat your Gift Card like cash.
You are solely responsible for any loss caused by use of your Gift Card and Access PIN by you or any other person, including any use not approved or contemplated by you.
You must notify us immediately by calling our Customer Response Team on 1300 304 990 if you know or suspect any unauthorised use of your Gift Card.
Purchases with your Gift Card
Select goods or services in your Participating Retailer store or online site (where applicable) with a Gift Card and take them to the point of sale. The point of sale will instruct you to present your Gift Card, and then enter the Access PIN. The transaction will be completed when the balance has reduced on your Gift Card. No change will be given. Any Remaining Card Value can only be used in whole or part against future purchases.
You agree that we can reduce the Remaining Card Value by the value of all purchases of goods and services that are authorised by you.
Transactions are authorised by you by:
- presenting your Gift Card and entering your Access PIN, or allowing an operator or other person to do so, at an electronic point of sale terminal at a Participating Retailer; or
giving a Participating Retailer details of the Gift Card and authorising the transaction in some other way approved by that Retailer. When you authorise a transaction:
- you are confirming that the transaction correctly represents the purchase price of the goods or services obtained; and
- you are agreeing to pay the amount of that transaction by the reduction of the Remaining Card Value.
Purchases exceeding the Gift Card value
Your Gift Card may only be used to make purchases up to the Remaining Card Value. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the Remaining Card Value, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
No cash advances
You cannot obtain any cash advance with your Gift Card or redeem your Gift Card for cash.
Validity and expiry of Gift Cards
Your Gift Card will be valid for use until the Expiry Date. Any Remaining Card Value that remains on a Gift Card after the Expiry Date will not be available for use. To check the Expiry Date of your Gift Card, visit Check Your Expiry Date, or call 1300 304 990 or visit in-store at the service desk.
Lost or stolen Gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash, lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded.
Faulty or damaged Gift Cards
A Gift Card will only be reissued if it is proven to be faulty or damaged as a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Coles Group, its agents or contractors or a Participating Retailer.
Destruction of Gift Card with no value
Once the Remaining Card Value is completely used, destroy the Gift Card by cutting it in half diagonally. Your Gift Card cannot be reloaded.
Can I exchange my Gift Card?
You cannot exchange your Gift Card for a different brand, denomination or type of Gift Card or for another tender, cash or discount.
Can I cancel my Gift Card?
No, you cannot cancel your Gift Card.
Checking your Gift Card balance and transaction history
You can check the Remaining Card Value, Expiry Date and transaction history at any time by visiting Check Your Balance, or by calling 1300 304 990 or visiting in-store at the service desk. For balance enquiries by phone or online, you will be required to enter both the Card Number and Access PIN prior to getting access to the card information.
Can I collect flybuys points when I purchase or use a Gift Card?
When you purchase a Gift Card, you will not collect flybuys points. However, flybuys points (and any applicable bonus points) can be collected on redemption of your Gift Card at applicable Participating Retailers.
Exchanging items purchased with a Gift Card
Goods that are purchased solely, or in part with a Gift Card may be exchanged or returned subject to the exchange and returns policy of each Participating Retailer.
Some Participating Retailers' exchange and returns policy may include the right to issue a returns card such as the Coles Returns Gift Card instead of other tender, cash, Gift Cards or discount.
Your Gift Card, your responsibility
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by us or by any of our employees.
- to add or remove Participating Retailers or where the Gift Card may be redeemed including but not limited to where a Participating Retailer ceases to carry on business (and for avoidance of doubt Coles Group will have no liability in relation to the Remaining Card Value on any Gift Cards for Participating Retailers that cease to carry on business that are not related bodies corporate of Coles Group);
- to add or remove goods or services which may be purchased with the Gift Card;
- for infrastructural, systems, administrative or operational reasons or to prevent the occurrence of fraud or other unlawful or unacceptable conduct;
- to comply with any contract, law, regulation or statute or order or judgment of any court, tribunal or other body having competent jurisdiction; or
- where we, acting reasonably, consider that it will not be to your detriment.
Errors and complaints
If you have reason to believe that an error has occurred in relation to your Gift Card, you should call 1300 304 990. Any complaints about goods or services purchased with a Gift Card must be resolved directly with the relevant Participating Retailer.
For all your Gift Card enquiries, contact -
- Within Australia: 1300 304 990
- Outside Australia: +61 3 8363 4698
- Available hours 7am – 11pm, 7 days a week.
- Please send written correspondence to:
- Coles Group Gift Cards
- PO Box 2000
- Glen Iris VIC 3146
For your security, please do not include on any email personal details about your Gift Card, including your Card Number or Access PIN.